Communicorp is hiring a Group Political Correspondent to manage political coverage across all its radio stations including Newstalk, Today FM and 98FM as well as supplying political coverage to the Network of Ireland’s leading Independent radio stations.
Reporting to the Group Head of News, the Group Political Correspondent will be responsible for keeping over 1 million adults a day abreast of the key political developments as well as providing analysis and commentary.
The successful candidate must have strong analytical skills and the ability to give incisive perspective on the important political issues, with a passion for radio broadcasting that can marry both skills to create radio that is evocative and engaging. You will be based predominantly at Leinster House and will oversee the political output for all the CGL stations and the Network of Independent stations.
The successful candidate will also be centrally involved in planning and delivering Communicorp’s General Election strategy.
The successful candidate will need:
• Experienced and proven track record in political reporting
• A minimum of 5 years experience in a senior reporting role
• A proven ability to break stories
• A comprehensive contacts book with links to elected representatives, all major government departments and political parties
• A passion for radio broadcasting
• The ability to work in a fast paced multi-media environment
• Proficient in editing and producing radio reports and packages , often in a short time frame
• Ability to provide detailed analysis and conduct seamless Q&A’s tailored to a variety of programme formats
• A strong online presence
• Excellent copy writing skills
• Ability to write comment and analysis for the brand websites as directed
• Good working knowledge of Adobe Audition or similar audio editing packages
• Thorough knowledge of the regulatory and legal environment
• Thorough knowledge of the workings of the institutions of the state
Applications to Sinead Spain, Group Head of News, Marconi House, Digges Lane, Dublin 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org marked Group Political Correspondent no later than 5 pm Thursday August 16th.