Working across four exciting and dynamic media brands, we are looking for an experienced self-motivated Senior Event Manager to manage and co-ordinate all station events. Working closely with the Marketing Managers in each station, the Senior Event Manager will oversee management of all events from concept to completion, working with team members of varying levels of experience and skill, vendor partnerships, manage budgets, order services, create timelines, meet all deadlines on time.
The Senior Event Manager will support the business in assessing the event need and in building strong brand presence. He or she will support proposals, deliver concepts and represent our events team as the face of the organization. This individual thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment and has a hunger to deliver and to enhance the image of each brand through their events arm, creating memorable listener experiences throughout the country. A strong understanding of each brand, the audience and a clear vision on how our events should be communicated is essential.
- Deliver and manage all stations events, executing the event strategy for each station
- Work cross functionally with teams including sales, programming and technical on events and ensure event execution is on brand and reflects the stations vision for events.
- Project manage and deliver events on time, within budget and to business KPIs
- Travel to site inspections, manage venues, arrange guest lists and take overall responsibility for the event management
- Manage third party suppliers including event management companies, clients, sponsors, local councils, festival organisers etc.
- Deliver thorough post event analysis and reporting
- Seek and present new opportunities for the stations
- Manage given budget for each event and report on spend
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ full-time professional experience, within an events company or as part of an events team within an events driven company
- Proven experience in project management, leading and coordinating teams and managing resource
- Ability to course correct plans and activations where necessary in the interest of the brand and listener
- A strong work ethic and desire to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- A passion for solving problems creatively, thinking big, starting small and moving fast
- Strong people skills with proven experience in managing stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to meet daily deadlines and deal effectively with multiple tasks simultaneously
- The ability to work within a busy and dynamic work environment where communications priorities can change almost daily
- A recognised degree in Marketing / Events is not essential but is desirable
- A knowledge of the radio market is not essential but is desirable
To be considered for this role, please send your application including CV and letter clearly marked SENIOR EVENTS MANAGER ROLE to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday July 28th 2017.