Off The Ball is going digital and we’re looking for the right candidate to be part of the team researching and reporting on our daily digital shows, helping to transition our award winning radio content into platform consistent video.
With 15 years heritage, Off The Ball is established as the market leader in debate, analysis and craic. Now we’re taking that product and making it available wherever and whenever people consume sport.
We’re seeking applications from candidates who have a minimum 3 years experience of researching or reporting on programmes across any platform but specifically within the sports field.
You will be able to identify interesting angles, source excellent guests, write clear briefs, and report on events in the Off The Ball way. After items are streamed you will be able to write clear copy that entices readers + viewers to engage with the content we’ve created and you will ceaselessly find an audience for your content.
You should have strong opinions around how our content lives on Youtube, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter etc. We are placing a heavy emphasis on video production, data capture and building a sticky audience by illuminating our existing brand and your items must drive that.
Our ideal candidate will be a strong on air/digital performer, programme maker, story teller and digital native, consumed by sport. You must have both a strong ability to collaborate and the self-confidence to take risks on a daily basis.
You will join the team at Off The Ball and work with the producers to ensure delivery of the highest standards of content
• Produce digital sports items on a daily basis that captivates audiences
• Work efficiently as part of the team responsible for daily programme output
• Bring the highest standards of journalism to bear on all output
• Develop new programme items that will win audience across platform
• Generate innovative ideas to increase web traffic
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure brand consistency
• Ensure web best practices are met
• 3 years proven work experience at a relevant broadcaster
• Immersion in sport, sports media and broadcasting
• Excellent working knowledge of social media publishing conventions
• Understanding of how digital channels work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills
To be considered for this role, please send your application including CV and letter clearly marked Researcher/Reporter – OTB Digital to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 14th August 2017