Off The Ball is going digital and we’re looking for the right candidate to produce and create our daily digital shows, helping to transition our award winning radio content into platform consistent video.
With 15 years heritage, Off The Ball is established as the market leader in debate, analysis and craic. Now we’re taking that product and making it available wherever and whenever people consume sport.
We’re seeking applications from candidates who have a minimum 5 years experience of programme making across any platform but specifically within the sports field.
You will be able to put together a running order, book guests, calmly sort out the technological issues that happen in the live environment and facilitate the growth of our audience across all platforms.
You should have strong opinions around how our content sits on Youtube, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter etc. We are placing a heavy emphasis on video production, data capture and building a sticky audience by illuminating our existing brand and your shows must drive that.
Our ideal candidate will be a programme maker, story teller and digital native, consumed by sport. You must have both a strong ability to collaborate and the self-confidence to take risks on a daily basis.
You will join the management team at Off The Ball and report to the Managing Editor, Off The Ball.
• Produce digital sports shows on a daily basis that captivates audiences
• Manage the programme team to maximise efficiency and resources
• Bring the highest standards of journalism to bear on all output
• Work with sales to ensure revenue is maximised and contracts delivered
• Generate innovative ideas to increase web traffic
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure brand consistency
• Ensure web best practices are met
• Proven work experience at a relevant broadcaster
• Immersion in sport, sports media and broadcasting
• Excellent working knowledge of social media publishing conventions
• Understanding of how digital channels work
• Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
• Strong analytical skills
To be considered for this role, please send your application including CV and letter clearly marked PRODUCER – OTB Digital to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 14th August 2017