Newstalk is Ireland’s fastest growing independent talk radio station in Ireland, with a weekly reach of 691,000 people across 26 counties. Newstalk continues to grow its audience each year and is known across the nation as the independent voice of Ireland, boasting a strong line-up of Ireland’s leading broadcasters including Pat Kenny, George Hook, Moncrieff and many more.
Newstalk is also one of the most respected media brands in the country, having a track record for premium and engaging marketing campaigns that have helped to grow our reputation and our listenership.
We are looking to evolve our team and recruit a dynamic person with a excellent knowledge of all aspects of marketing and someone who’s up for a working in a fast paced and exciting enviornment.
The Marketing Manager will lead and manage the planning, development and implementation of the station’s marcomms strategy to our audiences, our advertisers and other influencers who help shape the public perception of Newstalk 106-108fm.
A strong understanding and experience of digital media and a clear vision for how our communications can be enhanced through the use of digital media is essential.
You will work closely internally with the station programming team, show producers, presenters and manage a small team. Externally, you will manage a number of agency partners alongside the Group Marketing Director – notably a creative agency, PR agency and media buying agency etc,.
You will report directly to the Newstalk CEO and work closely alongside the Communicorp Group Marketing Director.
- Managing the station’s internal and external marketing and communication activities
- Ensure brand is delivering on station strategic vision by creating and implementing carefully crafted marketing plans.
- Work side by side with the Newstalk digital team to ensure strategies are aligned.
- Working with Group Marketing Director; design, create and implement through the line advertising campaigns crafted to build audience loyalty and extend our listenership.
- Manage and ensure all brand promotional collateral is in line with communications strategy.
- Work with station Operations Manager to ensure all events are executed in line with brand messaging
- Manage the station marketing budget, including annual planning, monthly monitoring and routine reporting of expenditure.
- Working with the station’s sales team to help shape B2B strategies or initiatives that will cement our commercial client relationships.
- Manage a team of two including Marketing Executive & Graphic Designer
- Minimum of 6-8 years full-time professional experience in a marketing role.
- Digital experience and understanding in a must.
- A strong work ethic and desire to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities but also strong people skills with proven track record of coordinating and interacting with colleagues.
- Brilliant attention to detail and ability to meet daily deadlines and deal effectively with multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to work within a busy and dynamic work environment where communications priorities can change almost daily.
- A recognised degree in marketing or equivalent discipline is required.
To apply for this role you must:
- Know the value of marketing – Return on investment, KPI metrics
- Know how to build brands
- Understand consumer insights, brand positioning, and communications strategy
- Have decent level of creative judgement
- Have good commercial awareness
- Be able to lead and motivate a Team
- Be comfortable influencing at a senior level
To be considered for this exciting and fast paced role, please send your application, clearly outlining what you can bring to this role for Newstalk, including an up to date CV, to Cliona Hayes, Group Marketing Director for Communicorp, Chayes@communicorp.ie.
Newstalk is an equal opportunities employer.