According to the latest JNLR results released today, Thursday 30th July 2015, Newstalk now reaches 401,000 listeners daily and 705,000 listeners weekly. The station has increased its market share to 6.6%, from 6.1% a year ago and has seen increased listenership across the country with strong growth in Munster and Leinster and continued growth in Dublin.
Additional highlights from the latest JNLR results include:
- ‘Newstalk Breakfast’, hosted by Ivan Yates and Chris Donoghue, has increased to 173,000 listeners daily, their highest to date and an increase of 26,000 listeners year on year
- ‘The Right Hook’ with George Hook has the highest ever reach of 143,000 daily listeners, an increase of 20,000 listeners year on year
- After only 22 months, ‘The Pat Kenny Show’ has established a loyal audience of 134,000 listeners daily
- ‘Lunchtime’ presented by Jonathan Healy has 81,000 daily listeners, an increase of 9,000 year on year
- ‘Off The Ball Weekend’ now has 234,000 listeners, an increase of 67,000 year on year
- ‘Down To Business’ with Bobby Kerr now has 85,000 listeners, an increase of 32,000 listeners year on year
Commenting on the latest JNLR figures, Garrett Harte, Newstalk Editor-in-Chief said: “We are pleased with today’s JNLR results which confirm that the station continues to experience further year on year growth in line with our strategy.
We look forward to continuing to deliver the best content on national radio throughout 2015 and are excited to introduce the new ‘The Colette Fitzpatrick Show’ this Sunday, 2nd August which will be live every Sunday from 9-10am.”
Listeners will still be able to catch up on the ‘Best of The Right Hook’ at the show’s new time of 8am on Sunday morning. The Right Hook compilation show continues to be an excellent and quality highlight programme showcasing the best the Right Hook has to offer.
Data Sources – JNLR/Ipsos MRBI2015-3
July 2014 – June 2015 v July 2014 – June 2015 (Year on Year)