According to the latest JNLR results released today, Wednesday 27th July 2016, Newstalk 106-108FM has grown its market share to 6.3% drawing 380,000 listeners daily and 706,000 weekly. The station has increased its listenership in Dublin, surrounding Leinster counties and is the proud market leader of the lucrative 25-44yr/ABC1/urban demographic.
- ‘Newstalk Breakfast’ has 163,000 daily listeners;
- ‘The Pat Kenny Show’ delivers growth with 131,000 listeners daily, up 5,000 book on book;
- ‘Moncrieff’ with Sean Moncrieff has a daily listenership of 115,000;
- ‘The Right Hook’ with George Hook has 132,000 daily listeners;
- ‘Down to Business’ with Bobby Kerr, continues to go from strength to strength with 98,000 listeners;
- ‘Off The Ball’ affirms its position as Ireland’s most popular sport’s programme with 194,000 weekend listeners;
Commenting on the latest JNLR figures, Tim Collins, Newstalk 106-108FM CEO, said: “This is a particularly important year for Newstalk with significant schedule changes coming in the Autumn. These figures published today show sustained growth and further evidence of the station’s strong position as the station of choice for younger talk radio listeners”.
Garrett Harte, Newstalk 106-108FM Editor-In-Chief added: “We are very pleased with our performance especially mid-morning, where The Pat Kenny Show has delivered a significant increase in listeners. On top of a great performance on air, Newstalk 106-108FM continues to be hugely successful with our digital offering with Newstalk.com attracting 1million unique users per month. All in all, the station is in a very strong position to roll out the exciting new schedule this September”.
Data Sources – JNLR/Ipsos MRBI2016-2
July 2015 – June 2016 v July 2014 – June 2015 (Year on Year)
April 2016 – June 2016 v January 2016 – March 2016 (Book on Book)
|Newstalk 106-108FM Autumn Schedule|
|6.30 – 7am||Breakfast Business||Vincent Wall|
|7 – 9am||Newstalk Breakfast||Shane ColemanColette Fitzpatrick
|9-12pm||The Pat Kenny Show||Pat Kenny|
|12 – 2pm||Lunchtime with George Hook||George Hook|
|2 – 4pm||Moncrieff||Sean Moncrieff|
|4 – 7pm||Newstalk Drive||Chris DonoghueSarah McInerney|
|7-10pm Mon-Thurs7 – 9pm Friday||Off the Ball||Off The Ball team and contributors|