30th April, 2015: According to the latest JNLR results released today, Thursday 30th April 2015, Newstalk now reaches a record 404,000 listeners daily and 711,000 listeners weekly. The station has increased its market share to 6.6%, from 5.6% last year and has seen increased listenership across the country with strong growth in Leinster, Connacht and Ulster and continued growth in Dublin.
Additional highlights from the latest JNLR results include:
- Newstalk ‘Breakfast’, hosted by Ivan Yates and Chris Donoghue, has increased to 172,000 listeners daily, an increase of 35,000 listeners year on year
- After 19 months, ‘The Pat Kenny Show’ has 142,000 listeners daily
- ‘The Right Hook’ with George Hook has 138,000 daily listeners, an increase of 17,000 listeners year on year
- ‘Moncrieff’ with Sean Moncrieff has 119,000 listeners daily, an increase of 8,000 year on year
- ‘Lunchtime’ presented by Jonathan Healy has 83,000 listeners daily, an increase of 13,000 year on year
- ‘Off The Ball’ presented by Ger Gilroy, Joe Molloy and team has 49,000 listeners daily, an increase of 8,000 year on year. Off The Ball on Saturday has grown by 30,000 listeners year on year and on Sunday has grown by 51,000 listeners year on year.
Commenting on the latest JNLR figures, Garrett Harte, Station Editor at Newstalk, said: “We are delighted with today’s JNLR results which confirm that the station continues to grow from strength to strength. We’re particularly delighted to reach 404,000 listeners every day. The growth can be seen across the station with Breakfast and The Right Hook performing extremely well during the week and Off The Ball proving a huge success, particularly at the weekends. After 19 months on Newstalk, The Pat Kenny Show is on track to reach its target of 150,000 listeners after two years.We look forward to continuing to deliver the best content on national radio throughout 2015.”
Data Sources – JNLR/Ipsos MRBI2015-1
April 2014 – March 2015 v April 2013 – March 2014 (Year on Year)
For further information, please contact:
Maria Doyle /T: 087 9907831 / E: email@example.com