Landmark barrier broken – Newstalk Breaks 300,000* Listeners Daily
18,000 listeners more per day for Newstalk 106-108 fm
JNLR results released today, 27th October 2011, shows that Newstalk is now reaching 302,000* listeners daily. This marks the breaking of a landmark barrier for Newstalk 106-108 fm.
Other significant highlights from these results include:
- ‘Breakfast’ with Ivan Yates and Chris Donoghue continues to grow; now reaching an audience of 115,000 listeners daily. It is the fastest growing breakfast show on national radio.
- ‘Moncrieff’ with Sean Moncrieff has grown to reach 93,000 listeners daily.
- ‘Off the Ball’, the number one sports show on national radio reached 44,000 – an increase of 9,000 listeners daily. It remains the number one programme at this time on national radio.
- ‘The Right Hook’ with George Hook continues to be the number one program on Newstalk with 121,000 people tuning in everyday.
Newstalk has won an additional:
- 20,000 Dublin listeners
- 17,000 ABC1 listeners daily
- 14,000 females
Speaking today, Frank Cronin, Chief Executive of Newstalk 106-108 fm, said: “Newstalk is delighted to grow its audience by 18,000 and break the 300,000 daily listeners barrier. Our brand of talk radio and our extensive and informative analysis of breaking news continues to win listeners across the country. Listeners are turning to Newstalk for its exciting, opinionated and challenging coverage of day-to-day events.”
* Time change, shows duration increased by one hour in Sept 2010
** Time change, shows increase in duration by 30 minutes in Sept 2010
For further information, please contact:
Neal Cummins, Fleishman-Hillard, 01-6188482 / 087 629 1091
Source: JNLR/Ipsos MRBI 2011-3 Oct ‘10 – Sept ‘11 V Oct ‘09 – Sept ’10 (year on year)
* Six Month Data Apr to Sept 2011.