On Monday evening, November 21st, the winners of the IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year Awards 2016, in association with Samsung, Eir, No7, and The Loop, and supported by Newstalk, Independent.ie, Enterprise Ireland and Marks & Spencer, were announced at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dublin, Burlington Road. Now in its tenth year, the much anticipated IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year Awards champions trailblazing businesswomen’s contribution to Ireland’s economy and their vital role within the Irish business community at home and abroad.
There were nine category winners at the awards with a lifetime achievement award presented to Freda Hayes, CEO of The Blarney Group and the Overall 2016 IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year awarded to Pamela Quinn, managing director, Kuehne + Nagel. Newstalk presented a special advertising fund on the night to Oonagh O’Hagan Entrepreneur of the Year to further support her business in the coming year.
The nine category winners are:
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Oonagh O’Hagan, founder and managing director, Meaghers Pharmacy Group
- Management Professional Businesswoman of the Year: Kay Connolly, COO St Vincent’s University Hospital
- Start-up of the Year: Kasha Connolly, director, Hazel Mountain Chocolate
- Creative Businesswoman of the Year: Debbie O’Donnell, series producer, Xposé, TV3
- Social Entrepreneurship: Marian Carroll, volunteer CEO of Ronald McDonald House
- Young Businesswoman of the Year: Marissa Carter, founder and CEO, Cocoa Brown
- Overseas Businesswoman of the Year Award: Fiona Dawson, global president, Mars Food
- Digital, Science & Technology Businesswoman of the Year: Fiona O’Brien, director, Lenovo
- CEO Businesswoman of the Year Award: Margot Slattery, country president, Sodexo
Lucy Gaffney, chairperson of Communicorp and Newstalk’s Bobby Kerr were among the judges on this year’s IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year Awards judging panel. Bobby commented “What we were looking for were people who stand out, that are committed to their business and people who do things a little bit differently so you’ll see from the winners not everyone is who you would expect. I’m honoured to be a judge of what is a great event”.