Newstalk is Ireland’s fastest growing independent talk radio station in Ireland, with a weekly reach of 729,000 people across 26 counties. Newstalk continues to grow its audience each year and is known across the nation as the independent voice of Ireland, boasting a strong line-up of Ireland’s leading broadcasters including Pat Kenny, Ivan Yates, Ciara Kelly, Moncrieff and many more.
Newstalk is also one of the most respected media brands in the country, having a track record for premium and engaging marketing campaigns that have helped to grow our reputation and our listenership.
We are looking to evolve our team and recruit a dynamic person with an excellent knowledge of all aspects of marketing and someone who’s up for a working in a fast paced and exciting environment. This is a hands on job for someone who has experience working with a tight knit team.
Join us and lead and manage the planning, development and implementation of the station’s marketing communications strategy to our audiences, our advertisers and other influencers who help shape the public perception of Newstalk.
Responsibilities, skills & Qualifications
What you’ll do
You will work closely internally with the station programming team, show producers, presenters and manage a small team. Externally, you will manage a number of agency partners; a creative agency, PR agency and media buying agency. You will report directly to the Newstalk Operations Director.
- Manage the station’s internal and external marketing and communication activities
- Ensure the Newstalk brand is delivering on station strategic vision by creating and implementing carefully crafted marketing plans.
- Work side by side with the Newstalk digital team to ensure strategies are aligned.
- Work with internal teams and external suppliers to design, create and implement through the line advertising campaigns crafted to build audience loyalty and extend our listenership.
- Manage and ensure all brand promotional collateral is in line with communications strategy.
- Work with Events Executive to ensure all events are executed in line with brand messaging
- Manage the station marketing budget, including annual planning, monthly monitoring and routine reporting of expenditure.
- Work with the station’s sales team to help shape B2B strategies or initiatives that will cement our commercial client relationships.
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- Strong understanding and experience of digital media and a clear vision for how our communications can be enhanced through the use of digital media is essential.
- Know the value of marketing – Return on investment, KPI metrics
- Know how to build brands
- Understanding of consumer insights, brand positioning, and communications strategy
- Strong level of creative judgement
- Very commercially aware
- Ability to lead and motivate a Team
- Comfortable influencing at a senior level
- A strong work ethic with a desire to do whatever it takes to get the job done. You will be expected to roll up the sleeves!
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong people skills with proven track record of coordinating and interacting with colleagues
- Brilliant attention to detail and ability to meet daily deadlines and deal effectively with multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to work within a busy and dynamic work environment where communications priorities can change almost daily.
Before applying, make sure you tick the following boxes:
- Minimum of 4 years full-time professional experience in a marketing role.
- Digital experience.
- Experience in media and content marketing is a plus
- A recognised degree in marketing or equivalent discipline.
To be considered for this exciting and fast paced role, please send your application to email@example.com
Newstalk is an equal opportunities employer.