Today FM has announced the release of Whole Lotta Live, a 30-track album compilation of live sessions recorded at the station over the years by Irish and International acts.
The album will go on physical release (double CD) nationwide on Friday 27th November and is also available to download via iTunes.
The sessions, which include recordings from the likes of Hozier, Bell X1, Ellie Goulding, Kodaline, Lisa Hannigan & many more, were collaborated on shows across Ian Dempsey, Anton Savage, Louise Duffy, Colm O’ Sullivan, Paul McLoone and of course the late Tony Fenton.
As a tribute to Tony Fenton and others affected by cancer, the proceeds from the sales of this album will go to The Irish Cancer Society via Today FM’s Shave or Dye campaign. Over the last 6 years, Shave or Dye has raised over €8 million for The Irish Cancer Society.
‘Whole Lotta Live’ is the brainchild of Today FM’s Pamela Blake and her husband Gavin Blake. Pamela produced Tony Fenton’s show for many years and Gavin, who worked on all of the sessions included on the album, is Today FM’s award winning sound engineer.
Pamela remembers Tony’s passion when it came to live music sessions: “This album is inspired by and dedicated to our dear friend and colleague Tony Fenton. Irish radio lost a shining light in 2015 and he is greatly missed. Tony was a genuine, soulful lover of music. He supported all of the artists on this record and relished having bands and singers live in studio for a chat and a song or two. You could hear the excitement in his voice over the radio when he was about to witness a live performance – and we’ll never forget that grin and sparkle in his eye of pure enjoyment and love for his work”.
1. Hozier – Whole Lotta Love
2. The Coronas – Someone Else’s Hands
3. Ham Sandwich – Ants
4. Glen Hansard – Lay Me Down
5. Bell X1 – She’s A Mystery To Me
6. Paolo Nutini – Pencil Full of Lead
7. The Cabin Collective – Marrakech
8. Villagers – Nothing Arrived
9. Lisa Hannigan – Little Bird
10. James Vincent McMorrow – Cavalier
11. Damien Dempsey – Negative Vibes
12. Columbia Mills – Never Going To Look at You the Same
13. Marc O’ Reilly – Wayward Sheperd
14. The Minutes – Cherry Bomb
15. Josh Ritter – Galahad
16. Foy Vance – The Theme from Cheers
17. The National – I Need My Girl
18. Kodaline – The One
19. Birdy – Wings
20. David Gray – This Year’s Love
21. Relish – Stuck In A Moment
22. Ellie Goulding – Your Song
23. Paul Noonan & Lisa Hannigan – Some Surprise
24. Hudson Taylor – Chasing Rubies
25. Lianne La Havas – Lost & Found
26. Amy McDonald – Dancing In The Dark
27. The Coronas – Lakes of Ponchartrain
28. Mark Lanegan – War Memorial
29. Agnes Obel – Riverside
30. Gavin James – Magic
Today FM’s ‘Whole Lotta Live’ Double CD is priced at €14.99 and €11.98 on iTunes.
Since 2010, Today FM’s Shave or Dye campaign has raised over €8 million for The Irish Cancer Society, thanks to the generosity and spirit of the listeners. This year, one person every 15 minutes will hear the words ‘’you have cancer’’. With your help, the Irish Cancer Society can ensure it is there for every one of those people who hear those words. Read more about their work at www.cancer.ie