We’re looking for a Direct Sales Director to join our team at Communicorp. Sound interesting? If so, here’s what you need to know…
Overview of the Role and Key Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Group CEO of Communicorp, this senior management role will be responsible for leading, directing, and supporting the sales teams who sell to direct advertisers, representing the Groups full portfolio of brands and platforms.
Working with Communicorp’s senior management team, the Sales Director will be responsible for developing and implementing effective sales strategies, leading the direct sales team members to achieve sales targets, and to establish, maintain and grow productive and professional relationships with our customers.
A core focus of the role will be to build on our existing high levels of customer retention through a creative led approach, and a brand and platform neutral position.
The candidate will inspire the sales teams and our customers with innovative ideas and concepts that drive business growth and compelling results for advertisers. It will also continue to grow new business levels and new revenue streams.
A key success factor for the role will be the recruitment and retention of the ‘best team’ in the market, and to continue to develop our existing high performing sales team, that earns the reputation for being customer focused, audience led and creative driven. Helping to develop our existing high performing
The Sales Director will be part of the senior management team of the Group, helping to shape and influence its future strategy and relevant brands within it.
Specifically, the role will involve:
- Leadership of a direct sales team spanning all radio brands and platforms within the Communicorp Group
- To develop and implement effective sales strategies, in order to deliver significant revenue growth year-on-year
- Ongoing performance measurement and developments of Account Managers
- Development of a sales structure and remuneration plan that incentivises aligns and maximises individual Account Managers performance.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships both personally and across the team, ensuring a detailed and evolving knowledge of key clients and their sectors.
- Work in partnership with the programming and creative teams to identify unique commercial opportunities that deliver on client objectives.
- Identification of new client opportunities and revenue streams.
- Management of the client base across the team to protect against any loss of knowledge or relationships.
- Supervision of all campaigns to ensure they are executed in line with contract terms and within BAI and ASAI regulations.
- Review, understand and present JNLR and other audience data that is relevant on a client by client basis
- Preparation and achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Proven sales leadership experience within a large scale media organisation
- An exceptional motivator and coach, that possess the energy and drive to make a positive difference to the team
- Ability to negotiate and close agreements with large and high value customers
- Experience at managing a high performance sales team
- Knowledge of CRM software, Microsoft Office Suite, and appropriate IT systems
- An ability to understand and analyse sales performance metrics
- Solid customer service attitude.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to perform efficiently under pressure, and be able to meet daily deadlines and deal effectively with multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrates success in business acumen and commercial reality, and in driving new business
- Detailed understanding of media industry trends and relevant emerging technology
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive organisational change
- Passionate about sales, commercial radio and media.
Applications to be sent to Annette Freeman email@example.com by 5pm on Wednesday 3rd of May.