Lucy joins a prestigious community of past Award Winners, including Emily O’Reilly, European Ombudsman; Edna O’Brien, the novelist; Philomena Lee of the movie Philomena; Mary Fitzgerald, foreign and war correspondent; Breege O’Donoghue, Director of Penneys/Primark; Rose Hynes, first female chair of an ISEQ listed company; Cathriona Hallahan, MD of Microsoft Ireland; Anne Heraty, CEO, Cpl Recruitment; Fionnuala Meehan, Head of Google Europe; and Una Fox SVP at Disney
Communicorp is pleased to announce Lucy Gaffney, Chairperson, has been named a Women’s Executive Network (WXN) 2017 Ireland’s Most Powerful Women: Top 25 Award Winner.
Every year the Women’s Executive Network (WXN) identifies and celebrates the outstanding work of 25 Irish women. These are women who, by their success, encourage others to follow, be ambitious and to succeed.
To mark this year’s awards, WXN is hosting two events: A Leadership Summit which is an afternoon of professional learning for members of the network; and an Awards Dinner during which the winners receive their awards. Together, more than 650 senior professionals will attend the two events.
In addition to the 25 winners, WXN will also introduce five winners to the Hall of Fame upon receiving their third Award. This allows new future leaders to emerge in subsequent years, while still recognising and honouring the achievements of these great women.
WXN creates a list of Winners through research and the counsel of the WXN Advisory Board. Ireland’s Most Powerful Women: Top 25 Award Winners are in the following categories:
Business Leaders Award
This category recognises eleven women who hold the most senior positions in Ireland’s largest companies.
WXN creates a short list of Nominees through broad research, including research of the Top 40 companies by turnover and employee numbers as defined by the Irish Times Top 1000 companies of 2016.
· Lucy Gaffney, Chairperson, Communicorp
· Catherine Duffy, First Female Chair, A&L Goodbody
· Louise Foody, Global Marketing Director, Kingspan
· Aisling Hassel, Global Head of CX, Airbnb
· Carolan Lennon, Managing Director, open eir
· Catherine Moroney, Head of Business Banking, AIB
· Dr Nuala Murphy, President, Icon Clinical Services, Icon plc
· Dr Grainne Quinn, Chief Medical Officer & EVP, Perrigo Company
· Marguerite Sayers, Managing Director, ESB Networks Ireland
· Julie Sharp, Head of Group HR, Bank of Ireland
· Susan Whelan, CEO, Leicester City Football Club
HALL OF FAME
Winners are introduced to the Hall of Fame upon receiving their third Award. This allows new future leaders to emerge in subsequent years, while still recognising and honouring the achievements of these great women.
· Bronwyn Brophy VP, Early Technologies, Medtronic, EMEA
· Sharon Buckley, Commercial Director, Musgrave
· Caroline Keeling, CEO, Keelings
· Rosaleen Burke, MSVP Quality, Boston Scientific Endoscopy, Urology and Pelvic Health, Global Sterilization and Distribution
· Siobhan Talbot, CEO, Glanbia plc